Data Protection & GDPR
What data do we collect?
Trauma Research UK collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
• Anonymised Google Analytics data (if consent given)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Trauma Research UK with the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Your information is only used by Trauma Research UK in response to an email enquiry from you about wanting to donate, fundraise, give in memory, applying for research funding, membership/volunteer application, or to keep you updated with Trauma Research UK’s events, services and new releases.
How do we store your data?
Trauma Research UK may store your data manually or electronically. Any data stored electronically will be stored in secure servers, and any data stored manually will be stored in our UK premises.
Trauma Research UK is committed to ensuring your personal information is secure at all times and that you have a clear understanding of how and why we use your personal data.
You can find out more about your rights under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) here.
Trauma Research UK would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Trauma Research UK Group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact our information officer at the email address below.
What are your data protection rights?
Trauma Research UK would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Trauma Research UK restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Trauma Research UK processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request to transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at the address below.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us