The Distraction Technique
Sometimes we can feel so overwhelmed by fear, anxiety or desperation that it seems these symptoms will never leave us. By distracting yourself temporarily you will give your time to focus on other things and take back control of the situation. Here are a few things you can try:
- Make yourself a soothing cuppa.
- Go for a walk or a bike ride.
- Do a word puzzle or colouring.
- Watch a funny film or series.
- Take a relaxing bath or invigorating shower.
- Sing and dance to your favourite music.
- Do some pilates or yoga.
At Trauma Research UK, we believe that trauma and trauma-related disorders that cause an array of anxiety disorders such as GAD, phobias, panic attacks, OCD, eating disorders, PTSD etc. can be successfully overcome.
Even if you have lived with them for many, many years, we can provide the tools and techniques needed to break anxiety-inducing habits and create new ways of thinking.
This programme has been designed to be simple, effective and most importantly life-changing.